As I said before, on Saturday, April 5, 2008, I’ll be part of a children’s book panel (that also includes my friend Jenny Whitehead, whom I haven’s seen in way too long) at the Borders on 119th and Metcalf in Overland Park, Kansas. Afterward, I’ll present a writing workshop in the café. The store is going all out to celebrate educators. Jenny at Borders sent me this flyer:
Educator Savings Week April 2nd-8th
Educators save 25% on purchases!
Friday April 4
Food, fun and prizes!
Dr. John Laurie, author of Managing the Game
Saturday April 5
Mary Anne Demeritt, author of The Twilight Ride of the Pink Fairy
Children’s Author Panel Event
Local authors on hand to discuss their books or answer questions about getting published!
• Leigh Legere: Do Antelope Eat Cantaloupe
• Mary Anne Demeritt: The Twilight Ride of the Pink Fairy
• Jenny Whitehead: Holiday Stew and Lunch Box Mail
• Sandra Jacob: Smiling Faces
• Mary Martin: Miss Lilly and the Hollyhock Garden
• Jancy Morgan and Tom Dunn: If This Old Tree Could Talk To Me
• Lisa Harkrader: Airball: My Life in Briefs
Join us for crafts, food, games, contests and lots of fun!
Kansas City Writers Meetup Group
Lisa Harkrader: “Tips and Tricks for Writing Effective Dialogue.”
Singer-songwriter Bayley Kate will perform folk/indie rock.
Sunday April 6
Take some time out for yourself and enjoy:
• The Yoga Studio of Johnson County
• Mary Kay
• 24hr Fitness
• Massage demonstrations
• Coffee and Tea Tasting
Wow! If you live in the area, drop by. This is some weekend they have planned.