Friday, October 12, 2007

Upcoming

October is a very big month for me, and this next week will be a very big week. I’ll be participating in four events, beginning tomorrow morning at my very own hometown library:

Tonganoxie Public Library
Tonganoxie, Kansas
10:00 a.m.
Saturday
October 13, 2007

River City Reading Festival
Festival hours: 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
My book signing time: 11:00 a.m. to noon
Sunday
October 14, 2007
Lawrence Arts Center
940 New Hampshire
Lawrence, Kansas

This celebration of reading will bring together of authors and performers, most of whom have strong connections to Kansas, including keynote speaker Jim Lehrer, host and executive editor of The NewsHour on PBS, who was born in Wichita, and Dense Low-Weso, who will be inaugurated as Kansas Poet Laureate in June.

14th Annual Literature Festival
Tuesday
October 16, 2007
Kansas Memorial Union
University of Kansas
Lawrence, Kansas

I’m honored to have been asked to participate in this festival, and doubly honored that I’ll be sharing the day with Heartland Award winner Sharon Draper. I’ll be speaking in the morning and will be doing a Q&A session in the afternoon. This festival is organized each year by The Writing Conference.

Louisburg Library
4:00 p.m.
Thursday
October 18, 2007
Louisburg, Kansas

No comments: