Saturday, October 14, 2006

Saturday the 14th

Well, Friday the 13th came and went, and nothing terribly exciting or wonderful happened. But you know what? So many exciting and wonderful things have been happening to me lately that I don’t mind giving Good Fortune a day off.

Example of exciting and wonderful: The Borders in Lawrence, Kansas, invited me to do a book signing this morning as part of Educator Appreciation Week. I had a great time, got to know the children’s department manager, Annie, and hung out with my dad, his lady friend Cissy, and my Aunt Imogene, who came to show their support.





<------Me at Borders with my dad and my Aunt Imogene. (My dad is the tall one with the beard.) Cissy took our picture.



Bookstores can be dangerous places. I can’t resist shopping, no matter how much willpower I arm myself with beforehand. As usual, I ended up buying more books than I signed.

1 comment:

Roberta said...

Way to go!