This fall I’ll be participating in the first-ever Kansas Book Festival, which takes place September 29 and 30 in the Lawrence-Dumont Stadium in Wichita. I’m looking forward to connecting with other writers, readers, librarians, teachers, and booksellers.
Festival activities include:
• Author appearances by Kansas writers
• Traditional music
• Cowboy poetry and western literature
• Stories of haunted Kansas
• American Indian storytelling
• Characters from Kansas’s literary and historic past
• Tributes to Kansas writers such as Gordon Parks and Langston Hughes
• Hands-on family activities
• Bookseller booths
For more information, visit the Book Festival website: www.kansasbookfestival.ks.gov.